Saturday 29 October 2011

Aubergine (Eggplant) Toasties with Pesto

I've been going through this cookbook for a few weeks now
 That being said, I haven't gotten through that many, since each recipe is for 4-6 people or so and then it takes me a week to eat it...plus I can't help eating frozen pizza or going out either.

A few nights ago I made this!
 It turned out like this!
 Delicious....

1) Fry eggplant (aubergine) slices in oil with salt and pepper--you don't need a lot of oil since the eggplant will suck it all up anyway....

As you can see, the bottom one got most of the oil and left top right with very little...I need to get better at this if I'm going to eat this as much as I want to because of how good it is.

2) While they are frying you can toast the bread (it's supposed to be sourdough but I did not have any so I used the wheat that was in the freezer) and cut the tomato and mozzarella and get the pesto out.

3) Once the eggplant (aubergine) is done, put them on top of the toast and cover them with the pesto. Then add the tomato and mozzarella cheese and put in the oven (I just turn it on when I start cooking...since you're only broiling it the temp is not super important)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment