Here you go Felix F.
I'm on the soup part of the book, and really excited about it!
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 400 g (13 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 400 g (13 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 600ml (1 pt) vegetable stock
- 12 tortilla chips (homemade recipe below)
- 50g (2 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper
- soured cream, to serve
1) Heat the oil in a saucepan
3) Add the beans, tomatoes and stock and season with salt and pepper.
4) Bring to a boil
5) Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
6) Transfer to a food processor or blender and process until fairly smooth. Or use a blender in the pot. Or leave it and have chunky soup!
7)Pour into flameproof bowls.
8) Scatter the tortilla chips on top of the soup and sprinkle over the cheddar cheese.
9) Cook under a preheated hot grill for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
10) Serve with soured cream.
For the chips:
2) Put foil down on an oven tray.
3) Spray with oil.
4) Put tortilla wraps down.
5) Spray with oil again.
6) Add seasoning
7) Place in the oven and cook for 2 minutes (check often, just in case!)