Working my way thought Veggie Feasts (and I'm not sure for how much longer since it got soaking wet today...) and still in the soup section--probably not for much longer either as Tesco is lacking in many of the ingredients.
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 TBSP chopped rosemary
- 2 x 400 g (13oz) cans chopped tomatoes
- 600ml (1 pt) vegetable stock
- 400g (13oz) can borlotti beans, drained (I used Cannellini Beans due to Tescos lack of ingredients)
- 125g (4oz) dried small pasta shapes
- salt and black pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- 25g (1oz) basil leaves
- 150ml (1/4 pint) extra virgin olive oil
1) Heat the oil (2 TBSP) in a saucepan.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, stock, beans and salt and pepper.
4) Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
5) Add the pasta and simmer, covered, for a further 10 minutes until the pasta is al dante.
6) Boil water in a sauce pan.
7) Add the basil leaves and boil for 30 seconds.
8) Drain the basil leaves.
9) Refresh the basil leaves under cold water.
10) Dry the basil leaves.
11) Transfer the oil and basil to a blender and blend until really smooth (I don't have a nice blender, so I cut the basil very fine and stirred it together).
12) Ladle the soup into bowls and add the basil oil and Parmesan cheese.