Friday 2 December 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I wish I could have followed Alton Brown's recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pumpkin-bread-recipe/index.html but I'd need to go to the store and I don't think I can get pumpkins anymore to make the 'shredded pumpkin' part of it anymore. Also, as said in another post, don't have time to go to the store and found a recipe where everything is already in my apartment: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pumpkin_bread/

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups (200g) flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup (200 g) sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (240 ml) pumpkin purée
  • 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 cup (120 ml) chopped walnuts (or pecans)
  • 4-5 ginger cookies
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
2) Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.



 




3) Mix the pumpkin, oil, eggs, 1/4 cup of water, and spices together.








4) Combine with the dry ingredients, but do not mix too thoroughly.
5) Stir in the nuts.






6) Pour into a well-buttered 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. (or whatever pan you have....and I didn't butter it either)








7) Add ginger cookies on top
8) Bake 50-60 minutes until a thin skewer poked in the very center of the loaf comes out clean. (due to my pan size it took 20 minutes)
9) Turn out of the pan and let cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment