- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) mixed mushrooms, such as oyster, shitake, flat and buttom, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 TBSP chopped thyme
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP chopped parsley
- 4 slices of sourdough bread (I used soda bread because its easier to find in Ireland)
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) mixed salad leaves
- salt and black pepper
- fresh Parmesan cheese shavings, to serve
2) Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, lemon rind and salt and pepper.
3) Cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
4) Scatter over the parsley and squeeze over a little lemon juice.
5) Toast the bread.
6) Top the sourdough toast with an equal quality of the salad leaves and mushrooms.
7) Drizzle over a little more oil and lemon juice and scatter with Parmesan shavings.