From: Veggie Feasts
In recipe it called for both chives and spring onions and I've always thought they were the same. When you Google images of them its the same. I also found this: http://www.chow.com/food-news/55175/whats-the-difference-between-green-onions-chives-and-scallions/
Probably the least pretty thing I've made so far, but its a baked potato...what do you expect?
- 4 sweet potatoes, about 250 g (8 oz) each, scrubbed
- 200g (7 oz) soured cream
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 TBSP chopped chives
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- salt and black pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7
2) Place the potatoes in a roasting tin and roast for 45-50 minutes (or longer if your potatoes are bigger like mine were)
3) Meanwhile, combine the soured cream, spring onions, chives and salt and pepper in a bowl.
4) Cut the baked potatoes in half lengthways.
5) Top with the butter and spoon over the soured cream mixture.