The boyfriend had never had chili until a week before I made this and asked if it was possible for me to make it vegetarian...so I did!
Taken from here with slight alterations
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 bay leaves
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can of kidney beans
- salt and pepper
2) Add the bell pepper, onion and carrots and saute for 5 minutes.
3) Add the chili powder, paprika, cinnamon and bay leaves and cook for another 10 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
5) Add the kidney beans, lower the heat, and cook for another 10 minutes.
6) Remove the bay leaves before serving.