here and frozen to make them even better (and the caramel to hold...). Its in place of National Butterscotch Brownie day because I couldn't make them in Ireland. And my boyfriend wanted me to make them.Directions:
- Bottom layer
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 75g sugar
- 175g butter, softened
- Middle layer
- 100g butter
- 100g light muscavado sugar (even after going out of my way to buy it, I used regular sugar...)
- 800g condensed milk
- Top layer
- 200g chocolate, chopped up
2) Grease a pan.
3) Mix the flour and sugar together
4) Mix the butter in slowly, by hand, until it resembles breadcrumbs, then dough.
5) Press into the base of the tin.
6) Prick with a fork a few times.
7) Bake for 20 minutes.
8) Let cool in the pan.
9) Make the caramel by adding all those ingredients into a pot.
10) Bring to a boil.
11) Bring down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until it thickens (mine didn't thicken and I blame using the wrong sugar).
12) Pour over the shortbread.
13) Leave to cool.
14) Met the chocolate.
15) Add to the top of the caramel.
16) Leave to cool again.