From: BBC Good Food 101 Veggie Dishes
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red or white onion, finely sliced or chopped
- 50 g/2 oz potato, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
2) Fry half the onion until crispy.
3) Drain and set aside.
4) Mix the potato with the rest of the onion, mustard and seasoning.
5) Add the remaining oil to the pan.
6) Add the potato mixture and press into a round.
7) Fry for 8-10 minutes until golden, turning when solid on one side.
8) Fry the egg alongside the rosti. Add it at the same time as the potato mixture if you want a hard yellow part, or after the first flip if you want a runny yellow.
9) Arrange the tomatoes on a plate and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
8) Add the rosti, egg and onions on the plate.