Thursday 30 August 2012

Sweet & Sour Stir Fry

Budget Bytes was right, this is super quick when you don't have a lot of time to cook...or you had a really late lunch and just moved to a new place and thus don't have any food and need to get something quick at the store before it's too late. I made a few changes based on what we had around (i.e. no corn starch, so I left out the water too, as the corn starch would thicken and reduce the water).

Ingredients:
  • Frozen stir fry vegetables (I just found a package that I liked, because there were none labeled 'stir fry' at the Stop and Shop by me) (contained broccoli, carrots and red and orange peppers)
  • 1 TBSP vegetable oil
  • 1 TBSP garlic powder (I really like garlic...)
  • 2 TBSP brown sugar
  • 1 TBSP ketchup
  • 1 TBSP soy sauce
  • 1/2 TBSP rice vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Directions:
1) Combine the brown sugar though the ginger adding a bit of vegetable oil (I used 1 extra TBSP) to make it smooth.
2) Place the vegetable oil and garlic powder in a pan and warm.






3) Add the frozen vegetables and saute until warmed though.







4) Add the sauce to the hot pan and allow it to come to a simmer so you're sure the sauce is warm through too.
5) Serve with rice or on it's own (a friend was making rice but it was not done in time and I used a scoop of rice to eat my leftover sauce with).




No comments:

Post a Comment